For the Oreo Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies (with filling)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Oreo Mousse:
- 2 cups (475ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (240g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
For the Topping (optional):
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed or halved
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings or drizzle
- In a food processor, pulse the 24 Oreo cookies until they turn into fine crumbs.
- Mix the Oreo crumbs with the melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or a pie dish to form the crust. Place in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the mousse.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Add the crushed Oreos to the mixture and fold gently until incorporated.
- Pour the mousse over the prepared crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, to set.
- Before serving, decorate with additional crushed or halved Oreos, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings or drizzle, if desired.
- Release the cake from the springform pan, slice, and serve.
- Ensure the heavy cream is very cold before whipping; this helps achieve the right consistency.
- The cake can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- For an extra chocolatey touch, consider adding a layer of chocolate ganache on top.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: oreo mousse cake recipe