- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Other kitchen tools you’ll need:
- Additional: Medium heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Additional: Heat-resistant rubber spatula
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar, rock salt, and heavy cream.
- Stir using a rubber spatula until the mixture is well-blended.
- Occasionally scrape the sides of the pan and bring the mixture to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and add in the vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Store the caramel in a heat-proof container.
- Additional Steps – please see above for details.
- Category: Candy