This soup is perfect for our busy household because all you do is throw the ingredients below into a pot and let it cook. That’s the kind of meal time prep I can get behind!
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 slices bacon (optional) cooked until crispy and chopped
- 4 large red potatoes, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the Bacon: Over medium-high heat cook the bacon until it’s crispy. Then let it cool and chopped it up. Bacon is optional in the recipe, but if you want to use it, it will add a lot of flavor.
- Cook the Potatoes: To a large pot add the potatoes, onion, celery, salt and pepper (also optional). Then pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, switch the heat to medium-low and let cook for 15 minutes. At this point the potatoes, onion and celery should be soft. If you want a creamy soup you and use a submersion blender to purée everything that you’ve cooked so far.
- Add Remaining Ingredients: Next, add the butter, milk and egg noodles to the pot and bring it back to a boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat and let it simmer for another ten minutes. Following that you’re done!
- Plate, Top & Serve:Once the soup is cool enough to eat, pour it into bowls, top it with the crispy bacon (this is optional) and then serve!