This simple 4 ingredient potato soup is delicious and not expensive to make! Try this lusciously creamy potato soup for your next week night supper.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk or 2%
- 10 green onions, chop only the green parts, use the rest in another recipe)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or garlic powder with salt)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cubed potatoes into a large soup pot. Fill with water until the potatoes are covered.
- Over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are easily pierced and broken apart with a fork (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove the pot from the heat and drain the water until only a half inch of water is left at the bottom. No need to measure that it’s exactly half and inch, just eyeball it.
- Next add the garlic salt, milk, salt and pepper to the soup pot.
- Now a judgement call. If you want the soup chunky you can mash the potatoes with a fork. If you want a creamier soup you can use a potato masher. If you want the creamiest of creamy soups you can use an immersion blender (or a regular blender).
- Cook on low heat for a few minutes until it’s nice and hot.
- Ladle into bowls, add your toppers and serve!
If you don’t have garlic salt, you can use garlic powder and salt.