- 1 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Hazelnuts, chopped (for garnish)
- Whipped cream (optional, for topping)
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder (optional, for garnish)
- Prepare the Nutella: In a microwave-safe bowl, warm the Nutella for about 20 seconds to soften it. This will make it easier to mix.
- Whip the Cream: In a large mixing bowl, whip 1 1/2 cups of the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Combine with Nutella: Gently fold the softened Nutella into the whipped cream until well combined. Ensure you fold gently to maintain the airy texture.
- Chill: Pour the mousse into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Serve: Before serving, whip the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Top each mousse with a dollop of whipped cream, chopped hazelnuts, and chocolate shavings or a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
- Ensure all your utensils are cold when whipping the cream; this helps achieve the best texture.
- For a lighter mousse, you can fold in beaten egg whites (from 2 eggs) after combining the Nutella and whipped cream. However, this will introduce raw egg into the recipe.
- Always fold ingredients gently to maintain the mousse’s airy texture.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: nutella chocolate mousse recipe