- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut cream, chilled overnight
- 100g (3.5 oz) high-quality dark chocolate (at least 85% cocoa), chopped
- 3 tablespoons erythritol or other keto-friendly sweetener, powdered
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut or cacao nibs for garnish (optional)
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler method or in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Open the chilled can of coconut cream and scoop out the solidified cream into a large mixing bowl, leaving any liquid behind.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the coconut cream until it becomes fluffy and light.
- Gradually fold in the erythritol, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate into the whipped coconut cream until well combined, ensuring you maintain the light and airy texture.
- Divide the mousse among individual serving dishes or glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or until set.
- Before serving, garnish with unsweetened shredded coconut or cacao nibs, if desired.
- Ensure the erythritol is powdered to avoid a grainy texture in the mousse.
- Using high-quality dark chocolate with high cocoa content ensures fewer carbs and a richer flavor.
- The mousse can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: keto chocolate mousse coconut cream recipe