This is the fastest method for dehydrating large marshmallows when none of the above equipment is available.
- Place marshmallows in a single layer on a microwavable plate.
- Cook at high temperature at 1-minute intervals.
- Turn the marshmallows after every interval.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until you get the preferred texture. NOTE: Check after every interval if the marshmallows are dry enough. Do not heat for too long because the sugar is inclined to burn in this method.
- Let the puffiness reduce before taking them out of the microwave. NOTE: Dehydrated marshmallows using this method shrink more than the results from other methods.
- Store in an airtight container or vacuum seal for longer storage.
- Category: Candy