- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream
- 200g (7 oz) high-quality dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Fresh berries or chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- Melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler method or in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth. Allow it to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually mix in the melted chocolate until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate and cream cheese mixture, ensuring you maintain the light and airy texture of the mousse.
- Divide the mousse among individual serving dishes or glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or until set.
- Before serving, garnish with fresh berries, chocolate shavings, or a sprinkle of cocoa powder, if desired.
- Using high-quality dark chocolate will enhance the flavor of the mousse.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your preference.
- The mousse can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake mousse recipe